At Coatbridge Family Dental Care we care about you and your whole family. We treat everyone – from Great Grandpa through to the teeniest tot!
As parents of young children ourselves we understand that bringing a children to the dentist can sometimes be a stressful experience.
That’s why we work hard to make Coatbridge Family Dental Care as child friendly as we can. From toys and books in the waiting room, friendly nurses who will hold your hand, to dentists who are patient, caring and willing to take the time with your child.
@ Coatbridge Family Dental Care
Childsmile is an amazing national programme designed to improve the oral health of children in Scotland. Coatbridge Family Dental Care are proud to be a part of the Childsmile programme.
How You Can Help Your Child
Try to register your baby with us as soon after birth or at least as soon as the first tooth appears.
From then on, bring your child to the dental practice every six months, or as often as we advise.
Bringing your baby to the practice as early as possible helps them to get used to the sights, sounds and smells of a dental practice.
How we will help your child
Our team will…
- Give you information on how teeth grow and develop, and carry out regular checks to make sure your child’s teeth and gums are healthy.
- Offer hints and tips on dental care.
- Demonstrate and explain toothbrushing.
- Promote toothbrushing messages, eg. spit, don’t rinse.
- Give you advice on weaning and healthy snacks and drinks.
- Provide your child with clinical care twice yearly, providing Fluoride varnish application with your consent.
The younger children are when they come to see us, the better they get to know the surroundings and the team and the earlier we can help you take care of their teeth.
The children we treat love their visits to see us.
Book A Free appointment
with our patient care coordinator